01. Don`t give Azithromycin with Antihistamines.
Because: Severe chest pain, prolong QT interval.
02. Don`t give Ondansetron (Anti-emetic) with Tramadol.
Because: Ondansetron decrease the Analgesic effect of tramadol.
03. Don`t give Tetracycline with Penicillin.
Because: Tetracycline are bacteriostatic and Inhibit the growth of bacteria and Penicillin work only on actively dividing organisms.
04. Don`t give Anti-acid or anti-ulcer medication with Iron in pt. With IDA.
Because: Iron need acidic media to be absorbed.
05. Don`t give Metronidazole with Warfarin.
Because: Metronidazole inhibits the metabolism of warfarin by blocking (CYP-2C9) may lead to fatal bleeding.
06. Don`t give Furosemide (Lasix) with Gentamycin.
Because: Maybe lead to hearing loss.
07. Don`t give Non Dihydropyridine (Verapamil & diltiazem) with Beta blocker.
Because: Both of them cause severe bradycardia & heart block.
08. Don`t give Sildenafil (Viagra) with Sublingual Nitroglycerin.
Because: both of them cause vasodilation—> Severe hypotension & may be death.
09. Don`t give Nifedipine or any drug end with “dipine” with Nitrate.
Because: Both of them cause vasodilation & Severe hypotension.
10. Don`t give Omega 3 with Anti-platelet or Anti-coagulant.
Because: cause bleeding.
11. Don`t give Statin with Gemfibrozil.
Because: increase the risk of the myopathy.
12. Don`t give Ciprofloxacin, Clarithromycin, Cimetidine, Fluvoxamine & Erythromycin with Theophylline.
Because: These drugs are Cyp450 inhibitors lead to Inc. in the theophylline level in blood lead to death.
13. Don`t give Warfarin with NSAIDS.
Because: Increase the risk of the GIT bleeding.
14. Don`t give K_ sparing diuretics (Amyloid & Spironolactone) with ACEI (captopril).
Because: Lead to hyperkalemia.
15. Don`t give Omeprazole with Clopidogrel (Anti-platelet).
Because : Omeprazole decrease effect of The Clopidogrel by affecting hepatic enzyme CYP2C19 metabolism
Ondansetron (Zofran) is the safest and the most effective anti-emetic in children.
Fluconazole (antifungal) must be taken with fatty meal to increase its absorption.
All breast feeding babies should be received vitamin D Supplementation until the age of 1 year!
0 Comments 421 Views